The Martingale Strategy
The Martingale strategy is the most widely used method in casinos worldwide, since many people regard it as the most effective. The approach emerged in 18th-century France, being first applied to simple ‘heads-or-tails’ games.
Hence, the system is applicable in all types of bets that give you a 50%-50% chance to win. You can apply it to 1-18 or 19-36, red or black, or even or odd.
The idea is to place the minimum bet and keep placing it for as long as you are on a winning streak. As soon as you lose, you need to double the bet size. If you win, you will get your money back plus a minimum on top of that. If you lose – double the bet size once again. The idea is to keep doubling the bet size as long as you lose. Let’s see how it works, step-by-step.
- Find a table that offers a low minimum and high maximum bet.
- Place the minimum bet ($1) on red or black and wait for the outcome.
- If your guess was right, repeat the whole thing.
- If your guess was wrong, double up ($2)
- Keep doubling up as long as you lose, and reset to the minimum whenever you win
- Guaranteed wins as long as you don’t reach the maximum bet
- Great to recover losses in a short time
- Great for online casinos
- Tables put limits to maximum bets
- Your bankroll is depleted faster
- Odds go down in long sessions
The Martingale betting system is the safest approach out there, as long as you can find great tables with low minimum and high maximum bets. The entire method relies on maths, as long as you have the budget and don’t reach the maximum. However, if you are on a losing streak and guess wrong several times, the element of luck is reintroduced.